Phillip is a 3rd year Electrical Engineering major. His passion for EE coincides with his passion for music as he is also minoring in Music Performance of Classical Guitar. This past summer, he took part in a European Union funded LIFE sustainability research project for eight weeks at Comillas Pontifical University while living independently in Madrid, Spain. Through this research was able to better understand the sources of microplastic pollution in commercial sea salt in order to find ways of preventing it.
Phillip has been serving as an interdisciplinary undergraduate research TA and is a member of the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program and the UF Honors Program. He joined HECE his sophomore year and became our active treasurer in 2021.
- Oversee the Assistant Treasurer and aid them on their duties as needed
- Regularly review the state of the organizations budget
- Provide financial feedback to the organization
- Attend Treasurer trainings and other necessary financial trainings
- Oversee the two info session chairs and provide mentorship
- Meet with the executive board and provide financial status the organization
- Take part in the constitution review process.
- Help the new treasurer transition to his/her new role
Phillip’s past internship experience consists of working with Hahn Engineering Inc., an engineering consulting firm from his hometown of Tampa, Florida. He was able to intern with them for 4 months, working alongside licensed mechanical and electrical PEs and other certified IEs in an in-person engineering office working on a wide range of projects throughout the nation.
At the University of Florida, Phillip is currently actively participating as a coordinator of Project Makeover UF, a service organization that creates positive learning environments for elementary schools throughout the local Alachua County area. He is also very involved with the UF Guitar Ensemble, regularly performing and practicing with them.
Areas of Interest:
- Interest 1
- Interest 2
- Interest 3